Today is the last day of 2010 and I honestly say that the year went by quite fast for me. So many things happened in 2010 and should I list them all I would be here for quite a while. 2010 was also the year I started blogging, and I am now getting close to my 6th month blogoversary. When I started this blog I didn't think it would become something that would end up being so important to me. I've discovered a new love for blogging and, if it is at all possible, I have discovered I love reading so much more than I originally thought.
I've read many great books in 2010 and it is honestly really hard to pick out which ones I loved or enjoyed more than others. Some were debuts, some were books that had already been out there a while, others were books published in 2010 or simply combinations of all of these.
So here are my top ten books of 2010 (in no particular order):
- Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead: Really it could have been any of the books in the Vampire Academy series since I read them all this year but Last Sacrifice was my favorite one out of all the six books in the series.
- Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver: I only just read this book in the past couple of weeks and I can't believe I waited so long to do so. This book was simply amazing and I am so glad I finally decided to read this book.
- Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl: I absolutely loved this book. While reading it I went through a whole range of emotions. One page I would be laughing and then two or three pages later I would find myself tearing up.
- Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare: To be honest, I was a little hesitant about reading this one. I had absolutely loved the Mortal Instruments series when I read them and I was a little afraid of what this book would do to that. But as it turned out, I absolutely loved Clockwork Angel and it only made me love Cassandra Clare that much more.
- The Iron King by Julie Kagawa: I love fairies and The Iron Fey series just makes me love them that much more. Julie Kagawa just has a way to telling the story that also just draws you in and I couldn't help but love everything about this book.
- Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins: I am most probably not the only one to include Mockingjay in a list like this. It was a great conclusion to an even greater series.
- The Mockingbirds by Daisy Whitney: This one I also just read recently but it was simply amazing. The story deals with date rape and it's a subject that needs to be talked about more so people can understand how big a problem it is. The story is powerful but it's also written in a way that doesn't overwhelm the reader. It was an amazing read.
- Wondrous Strange by Lesley Livingston: This is another one that deals with fairies. I loved it and its sequel and now I can't wait to read the conclusion to the trilogy. Plus the fact that Lesley is Canadian only makes me love her that much more.
- Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles: I just discovered Simone Elkeles this year and boy am I glad that I did. I have officially fallen for the Fuentes brothers and I seriously wish for those boys to actually be live people.
- Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols: It was really a toss up between this one and Forget You. Both were great but I just have a little something for Officer After. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.
With 2011 starting tomorrow there a whole number of other things also starting. There will more than likely be some changes on the blog and new things happening too. I look forward to reading a whole list of books coming out in the new year but here are a few that I am especially excited for:
- Abandon by Meg Cabot
- What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen
- Chain Reaction by Simone Elkeles
- City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare
- Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
- Delirium by Lauren Oliver
- The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa
- Forever by Maggie Stiefvater
- Where She Went by Gayle Forman
- Wither by Lauren DeStefano
- Bumped by Megan McCafferty
Hopefully 2011 will be good year in all possible ways but I'll just have to wait and see what happens!