In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi of the Story Siren and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie. It's a post where we talk about the books we received during the week either for review, from the bookstore or anywhere else.
This week was a pretty good week for books. I received two for review and bought a few myself. So here's what I got.
- Dust and Decay by Jonathan Maberry (Simon & Schuster August 30, 2011) - This is actually the second book in a series. I haven't read the first but I now have it as well and I look forward to reading both of them. From my understanding of it all it's about zombies and it sounds a little gruesome so I'm excited to try something new.
- Witchlanders by Lena Coakley (Simon & Schuster August 30, 2011) - I haven't really heard anything about this one but from the summary on the back it looks really interesting. From what I gathered it's about witches which isn't something I read about that much so I look forward to reading this one.
- Rot and Ruin by Jonathan Maberry (Simon & Schuster October 5, 2010) - This is the book that comes before Dust and Decay. Like I said above, I really look forward to it and to reading something new and different.
- Once Every Never by Lesley Livingston (Puffin Canada June 14, 2011) - I absolutely loved Lesley Livingston's Wondrous Strange trilogy so I can't wait to read her new book. This one sounds really neat and involves some time travelling so it definitely sounds like it will be a fun read.
- What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen (Viking May 10, 2011) - Sarah Dessen is one of my favorite authors of all time. I have read all of her other books so I can't wait to start reading What Happened to Goodbye and see what wonderful story Sarah Dessen has written.
- Blood Red Road by Moira Young (Margaret K. McElderry June 7, 2011) - I've read and heard all sorts of good things about this one but don't really know much about it other than what the summary says. Though the lovely lady working at Chapters assured me that if I loved Divergent I will also love Blood Red Road. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
That's it for me this week. I do have some books that I won and a R.A.K. from the lovely K of The Lady Critic's Library but unfortunately Canada Post has decided to go on a lock out and no mail is being delivered anywhere across the country. Hopefully it ends soon so I can get my books!
Comment and let me know what you got in your mailbox and I'll come check it out!