In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi of The Story Siren and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie. It's a post where we talk about the books we received during the week either for review, from the bookstore or anywhere else.
With the Canada Post strike still going on, all the books I got this week are ones I bought myself because I currently have no other way of getting books (unless I finally go and get myself a library card). I have also found out that I should not be allowed anywhere near my bookstore when they are having a Buy 3 Get the 4th Free sale, not that that's something that's going to happen any time soon. But anyways, here are the books I got this week.
- Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson (Simon & Schuster May 4, 2010) - I've been wanting to read this book since last year but my bookstore never seemed to have a copy in stock. Now I finally have it and look forward to reading it over the summer as it sounds like the perfect summer book.
- Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready (Simon & Schuster May 4, 2010) - This is another book that I've been meaning to read for quite some time. I've heard so many good things about it and I finally gave in and bought a copy. I look forward to finding out for myself if it's as good as everyone says it is.
- Spellbound by Cara Lynn Shultz (Harlequin Teen, June 28, 2011) - My bookstore had this one on the shelves already and I've heard only good things about it so I decided I just couldn't leave it behind.
- Uncommon Criminals by Ally Carter (Disney Hyperion June 21, 2011) - I read Heist Society last week and absolutely loved it. I decided I couldn't wait to read the next one so I bought Uncommon Criminals. I've already started it and already I love it.
- Keeping the Moon by Sarah Dessen (Speak 2004) - Other than this one and Dreamland I own all of Sarah Dessen's other books. I've already read it but it's been quite a while so now that I have it I may be revisiting it in the near future.
- Dreamland by Sarah Dessen (Speak 2004) - Like I said about the previous one, I read Dreamland some years ago when I read all of Sarah Dessen's books but I look forward to being able to re-read it.
- Unwind by Neal Schusterman (Simon & Schuster November 6, 2007) - Until I few days ago I had never heard of this book. But then I read Amelia of Imagination in Focus's review of the book and decided that I just had to read it. I have been loving the dystopians lately and this one sounds like I will really enjoy it.
- Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce (Little, Brown June 7, 2010) - I have watched Jackson Pearce's YouTube videos and watched some of her liveshows, yet I haven't actually read any of her books. If on paper she is anything like she is in her videos I have a feeling that I will really enjoy this book.
- Trial by Fire by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (EgmontUSA June 14, 2011) - I finished reading Raised by Wolves yesterday and absolutely loved it. When I saw that my bookstore only had one copy of Trial by Fire left I jumped on it and even started reading it while I was still in the store. I can't wait to find out what happens next. Plus, I'm hoping to be able to meet Jennifer Lynn Barnes in October during the Smart Chicks tour.
So that's all that I got this week and I am definitely putting myself on a book buying ban until I read at least a good amount of the books I currently have on my shelves but haven't been read. Hopefully the Canada Post strike ends soon that way I can get the books I have in the mail but until then I still have plenty to read.
Comment below and let me know what you got in your mailbox and I'll come check it out!