In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi of The Story Siren and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie. It's a post where we talk about the books we received during the week either for review, from the bookstore or anywhere else.
This week was a relatively good week. For the most part I have stuck to the book buying ban my roommate has imposed on me and I received one book in the mail. I also finally went to my library and got myself a library card. Why I waited so long to do this is a mystery to me. So here's what I got this week
- The Vampire Stalker by Allison Van Diepen (Point June 1st, 2011) - I've heard really good things about this book and it sounds like a new twist on vampire stories. I can't wait to start reading it and see what it's all about for myself.
- Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs (Quirk Books June 7th, 2011) - Ever since I first heard about this book I have wanted to read so I'm happy to have a copy of my own. I can't wait to see how the story and the pictures all fit together and find out more about this awesome book. Thanks to Wendy from A Cupcake and a Latte and Random House Canada.
- Forgive My Fins by Tera Lynn Childs (Katherine Tegen Books May 19th, 2010) - When this book first came out last year I heard plenty of good things about it and now that the sequel is out it has been getting some attention again. Mermaid stories are always fun so I thought I would give this one a try. Plus it sounds like the perfect summer read.
- Freefall by Mindi Scott (Simon Pulse October 5th, 2010) - This is a contemporary that I remember hearing a lot of good things about last fall. I don't read nearly enough contemporary books so I thought I would pick this one up and see what happens.
- The Candidates by Inara Scott (Hyperion August 24th, 2010) - Once again, another book I heard nothing but good things about when it came out last year. The premise sounds really interesting and I can't wait to dive right in.
- Tell Me A Secret by Holly Cupala (Harper Teen September 20th, 2010) - I have heard nothing but amazing things about this book. It came out almost a year ago and still people are talking about how good it is, especially with the companion novel coming out in the coming months. And it's another contemporary and I need to read more of those.
All in all this was a pretty good book week for me. I only broke my book buying ban for one book and that's because my roommate allowed me to buy the book since it was signed. But she also tacked on two more weeks to the ban. That means I can't buy books again until August 22nd. This may be quite difficult with all the amazing books coming out in the next few weeks. Hopefully it won't be too bad, I have plenty to read plus I'll be on vacation for a while so I'll be away from bookstores.
That's all for me this week!