In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi of The Story Siren and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie. It's a post where we talk about the books we received during the week either for review, from the bookstore or anywhere else.
The Canada Post strike is finally over!! I finally received three books I was waiting on and bought some more. And once again I went to Chapters and the Buy 3 Get the 4th Free sale was still going on, and I just couldn't buy one book for obvious reasons. Anyways, here's what I got this week.
- Tithe by Holly Black (Margaret K. McElderry June 20, 2008) - I have read and loved the first two books in Holly Black's Curse Workers series so I decided to pick this one up. If it's anything like the Curse Workers books then I'm sure I'll love it. Plus it's about faeries so I can't really go wrong here.
- The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan (Delacorte Press February 9, 2010) - This book has been around for quite some time already but I have never actually read it. I've heard so many great things and read so many great reviews for it that I decided I would finally give in and pick it up for myself.
- Suite Scarlett by Maureen Johnson (Point May 1, 2009) - A couple of months ago I read 13 Little Blue Envelopes and I absolutely loved it. I haven't read the sequel yet but I decided to pick up this one simply because I loved Maureen Johnson's writing the first time around.
- The Demon Trapper's Daughter by Jana Oliver (St. Martin's Griffin February 1, 2011) - This book came out earlier this year and received a lot of rave reviews. If I'm not mistaken the second book is coming out soon really soon, so I decided I would read this one and so that I can pick up the second one when it comes out.
- Hourglass by Myra McEntire (EgmontUSA June 14, 2011) - I have heard nothing but good things about this book. Plus I love stories that involve time travel so I can't wait to dive right in to this one.
- Sweet Little Lies by Lauren Conrad (HarperCollins February 2, 2010) - Much to my surprise I enjoyed Lauren Conrad's first book when I read it last year. Now, thanks to K of The Lady Critic's Library I can see what happens next in this story.
- The Ivy by Lauren Kunze with Rina Onur (Greenwillow Books August 31, 2010) - I've heard good things about this one, plus it's a YA book that takes place in university so maybe I'll be able to relate that much more to the characters. Thanks to April at Good Books and Good Wine for giving these away.
- Secrets by Lauren Kunze with Rina Onur (Greenwillow Books June 1, 2011) - This is the sequel to The Ivy and that's pretty much all I can say about it. Once again, thanks to April at Good Books and Good Wine for giving these away.
That's all for me this week. Comment and let me know what you got in your mailbox and I'll come check it out!