In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi of The Story Siren and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie. It's a post where we talk about the books we received during the week either for review, from the bookstore or anywhere else.
This week was a very good week. After going through a month and a half without buying any books, I was finally able to break my ban and buy some books. I ended up buying quite a few but I didn't go totally crazy, at least I don't think I did. So here's what I got this week.
- The Isle of Blood by Rick Yancey (Simon & Schuster September 13th, 2011) - This is the third book in the Monstrumologist series. I haven't read this series yet, but as of late it's been talked about a lot due to the publisher cutting it short. I've been reading more horror books lately so I'm really looking forward to reading this one.
- Goliath by Scott Westerfeld (Simon Pulse September 20th, 2011) - I was so happy when I saw this book show up in my mailbox. I just recently read the second book in the Leviathan trilogy and I was really looking forward to reading this one. You can expect to see a review for this one quite soon because I can't wait to dive right in.
- A Touch Mortal by Leah Clifford (Greenwillow Books February 22nd, 2011) - This book came out earlier this year and has been on my radar since before then. After hearing a lot of people say very good things about it, I decided that I would pick it up and give it a go. Hopefully it will be as good as everyone says it is.
- The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore (HarperCollins August 23rd, 2011) - This is the sequel to I Am Number Four which came out around this time last year. I really enjoyed the first book so I'm looking forward to reading this one to see what happens to the characters I met in the first book and find out who the other aliens are.
- Bloodlines by Richelle Mead (RazorBill August 23rd, 2011) - This was more or less my most anticipated book of the year and I am so happy to finally be able to read it. Which I already did. It definitely lived up to my expectations and you can expect to see a review on the blog in the next week or so.
- Delirium Special Edition by Lauren Oliver (HarperCollins August 2nd, 2011) - I already have a copy of Delirium and I've also read and reviewed it on the blog already (my review) but I absolutely loved this new cover plus it's going to match the rest of the books in the series. And you know, it just looks pretty on my shelf.
- Sweetly by Jackson Pearce (Little, Brown August 23rd, 2011) - I have yet to read anything by Jackson Pearce but I now own two out of her three books so I should read one soon. If she's anything in writing like she is in her YouTube videos than I am sure I will love her books.
- Supernaturally by Kiersten White (HarperTeen July 26th, 2011) - I absolutely loved Paranormalcy when I read it earlier this summer. I can't wait to be able to read this one. Hopefully it will be just as good as the first book.
- The Monstrumologist by Rick Yancey (Simon & Schuster September 21st, 2010) - Since I received the third book in this series for review, I figured getting my hands on a copy of the first one might not be a bad idea. Like I said above, I'm starting to read more horror so hopefully this one will be good.
- Wolfsbane by Andrea Cremer (Philomel July 26th, 2011) - I am very happy to have a copy of this book. I absolutely loved Nightshade when I first read it earlier this year. I can't wait to see what happens next to the characters and find out who Calla will end up with. I just can't wait to dive right in. Thank you to the Paperback Princesses for this!
So that's all I got in my mailbox this week. Leave me a comment with what you got in yours and I'll come check it out!