In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi of The Story Siren and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie. It's a post where we talk about the books we received during the week either for review, from the bookstore or anywhere else.
This week was another great week for books. I visited my bookstore quite a few times during the course of the week and got a book for review. I've even read a few of them already and I look forward to diving in to the rest. So here's what I got this week.
- Firelight by Sophie Jordan (HarperTeen September 7, 2010) - I’ve been meaning to read this book for the longest time. With the second book coming out last week, I’ve been hearing a lot about it again and decided to finally pick it up. Plus, it’s about dragons, so how bad can it really be?
- As You Wish by Jackson Pearce (HarperTeen September 1, 2009) - I have yet to read anything by Jackson Pearce but I now officially own all three of her books. So now would be a good time to pick one of them up and read it. But, like I’ve said before, if her writing is anything like her videos I’m pretty sure I’ll enjoy reading them.
- Fateful by Claudia Gray (HarperTeen September 13, 2011) - This book is about werewolves on the Titanic. That alone was enough to get me to pick up the book. Plus a lot of other people have said that this book is really good. I didn’t really need anymore reason than that to pick up the book.
- Gimme a Call by Sarah Mlynowski (Delacorte Press April 27, 2010) - This book is part of my attempts to read more contemporary books. I’ve heard nothing but good things about this book and I look forward to jumping right into it.
- The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff (RazorBill September 21, 2010) - I have been meaning to read this book since it first came out last year. Now I finally have a copy for myself and I absolutely cannot wait to start reading it. Hopefully, I’ll be able to dive into it soon.
- Once a Witch by Carolyn MacCullough (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt September 14, 2009) - I love witch stories and even then I don’t read that many so I’m really happy to have picked this book up. I’ve heard really good things, especially since the sequel just came out recently. I can’t wait to be able to start reading it.
- Elixir by Hilary Duff (Simon & Schuster October 12, 2010) - I am always wary of books written by celebrities so I have been quite hesitant to pick this book up. I actually bought because I received its sequel for review. I’ve now read it and it was a lot better than I originally expected. You can expect to see a review for it in the very near future.
- Vanish by Sophie Jordan (HarperTeen September 6, 2011) - Since I bought the first book this week, I figured I might as well buy the second that way I will be all ready to go once I finish reading the first one. Much like with the first, I’ve heard nothing but good things about it.
- Devoted by Hilary Duff (Simon & Schuster October 11, 2011) - I was offered a copy of this book for review and decided to take the offer despite my wariness of books written by celebrities. I’ve now read the first book and when I finished it, I couldn’t wait to start this one. Hopefully it will be just as good as the first one.
So that's all I got in my mailbox this week. Let me know what you got and yours and I'll go check it out!