In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi of The Story Siren and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie. It's a post where we talk about the books we received during the week either for review, from the bookstore or anywhere else.
So I haven't posted an In My Mailbox in quite a while so I have a fair amount of books to show you. This is about the books I got in the past 3 weeks or so. I'm really excited abou all of them so without further ado, here's what I got in the past few weeks.
- The Pharos Objective by David Sakmyster (Deviation July 6, 2010) - I was contacted to review this one by the author and the book sounded really interesting. It's not actually a YA title but the premise and the summary made it sound like something I would really enjoy so I decided I would try it. From the sounds of it, it sounds like it could have some crossover appeal as well.
- Pregnant Pause by Han Nolan (Harcourt Children's Books September 19, 2011) - This book came out recently and I received a finished copy from the publisher. It sounds really amusing and like a nice contemporary read. I'm really excited to get to it.
- Dark of the Moon by Tracy Barrett (Harcourt Children's Books September 19, 2011) - I also received a finished copy of this one from the publisher after having heard about the book. I'm reading it right now and so far it's really good, but a little slow. Hopefully it will pick up once the two stories merge together.
- Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare (Margaret K. McElderry Books December 6, 2011) - You cannot even begin to imagine how excited I was when I opened the package and found Clockwork Prince in it. I was hoping I would get a review copy of it because I don't think I could have waited until December to read it. Now I just need to find a day where I have absolutely nothing on my schedule so I can sit down and read it.
Thank you to David Sakmyster, Thomas Allen & Son and Simon & Schuster Canada for sending me these books.
- Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins (Dutton September 29, 2011) - I have pretty much been looking forward to and waiting for this book since I finished reading Anna and the French Kiss at the beginning of the year. I can't wait to start reading it, I just have to find a time where it won't be a bad idea to stay up all night reading it.
- Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick (Simon & Schus
ter October 4, 2011) - I'm really excited to read this book, especially after the way Crescendo ended. I read the summary on the inside cover and it looks really good. I can't wait to jump right back into this story.
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern (Doubleday September 13, 2011) - I have heard nothing but absolutely great things about this book since it came out about a month ago. It's also not a YA title but from the sounds of it, it can appeal to both a younger and older crowd so I can't wait to read it.
So those of the books I've gotten over the past few weeks. With all the awesome books coming out next week I'll definitely be heading out to the bookstore again then if not earlier.
Let me know what you got in your mailbox and I'll come check it out!