In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi of The Story Siren and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie. It's a post where we talk about the books we received during the week either for review, from the bookstore or anywhere else.
This week was a good book week. I didn't actually receive any books for review (though I am expecting some in the near future) but I did buy quite a few. I hadn't actually bought that many books in quite a while but this week I just felt the need to go to the bookstore on my way home from school almost every other day. And then Chapters had a 15% off promotion this weekend so combined with my regular 10%, how could I pass that up?
So here's what I got In My Mailbox this week!
- Mostly Good Girls by Leila Sales - I'm really looking forward to reading this one. Lately I've been reading a lot more contemporary books and I find myself enjoying them a lot. It's just such a refreshing change sometimes to read something that isn't filled with paranormal creatures. And of course I've heard plenty of good things about this book so that just makes me want to read it more.
- Falling in Love with English Boys by Melissa Jensen - This book just sounds absolutely adorable, plus I love the idea of the story sort of taking place in two different time periods, those actually tend to be some of my favorite books. Plus the author has a new book coming out in the new year so I thought I would read this one in preparation for the upcoming book.
- If I Tell by Janet Gurtler - This is another contemporary book that just looks great. I've heard great things about the book and its author and I look forward to being able to see what it's all about for myself. Hopefully it will be as good as everyone has been saying that it is.
- Past Perfect by Leila Sales - Another book by Leila Sales and from what I hear, this one is even better than Mostly Good Girls. I can't wait to read it and just see what it's all about. And from the summary there seems to be some sort of historical element to the story so I just know that I will probably love this book.
- Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout - I have been hearing how amazing this book is for the longest time and now I finally get to read it myself. I absolutely cannot wait to see what it's all about and decide for myself if it's really as amazing as everyone says it is. Hopefully I'll be able to to dive in to it soon.
So that's all that I got in my mailbox this week (though it was really all from the bookstore). I'm really excited to jump right in to all these wonderful looking books and hopefully that will happen quite soon. Let me know what you got in your mailbox in the comments and I'll be sure to come check it out!