This week definitely deserves to be called the week of awesome. When I got home on Tuesday, I had a grand total of 9 books waiting for me. This never usually happens unless I got completely crazy at the bookstore, but even then I usually try to limit myself. Let's just say that after this week, my TBR pile has definitely grown a lot more. So here's what I got in my mailbox this week!
- Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma - I have been waiting to read this book for the longest time. I have heard nothing but absolutely amazing things about this book despite the very difficult and taboo suggest matter it deals with. I definitely can't wait to read this one, though I'll have to make sure to keep a box of tissues close by.
- Fever by Lauren DeStefano - As I'm sure you can imagine I did a happy dance (my roommate laughed at me) when I saw what was in these packages (I mysteriously got two copies, but I've already traded the extra). I have been waiting to find out what happens next for the longest time and now I don't really know how long I can hold off reading this book. I JUST HAVE TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS!
- Embrace by Jessica Shirvington - If I'm not mistaken, this book as been published already in Australia and the UK but I may be wrong. At any rate it sounds really great and I am very excited to have a copy. Though I don't know if I'm going to be able to wait until closer to the March release date to read it.
- Tempest by Julie Cross - I actually don't really know all that much about this book to be honest, but from what little I know it does sound really interesting. I've also heard a lot of really great things about it so I can't wait to find out more about it.
- Cinder by Marrisa Meyer - So this is basically the story of Cinderella retold using cybords and robots. How can that not be completely awesome. Though Cinderella isn't one of my favorite fairy tales, I can't wait to read this one and see if it's as good as everyone has been saying it is.
- Switched by Amanda Hocking - This book is already hugely popular as the author self-published in the past. I can't wait to find out more about the world and read this trilogy. And thankfully they are all being released close to each other so I won't have to wait too long between books.
- The Predicteds by Christine Seifert - This book came as a complete surprise and I know pretty much nothing about it. I've read the synopsis and the premise sounds really interesting. I can't wait to find out more about it.
- The Right & The Real by Joelle Anthony - This book sounds really interesting, especially since it deals with cults since I can be slightly fascinated by them (not that I would ever actually join one). The premise is just really interesting and I can't wait to find out more...except I may have to hold off since it doesn't come out until April.
- The Disenchantments by Nina Lacour - I've heard really good things about this book and Nina Lacour and everyone seems to be really excited about this book. It sounds really good and perfect for my newly (re)found love of contemporary books.
- Bloodrose by Andrea Cremer - Once again, I may or may not have done a happy dance when I saw this book among all the other ones. I still have to read Wolfsbane (it's next on my list of books to read) but from what people have told me it ends on a bit of a crazy cliffhanger so I'm sure I'll be very happy to have Bloodrose handy to start reading right away.
A HUGE THANK YOU to Penguin Canada, Simon & Schuster Canada and Raincoast Books for sending me all these wonderful books, I can't wait to read all of them.
So that's all I got in my mailbox this week. Leave me a link in the comments and I'll come see what you got too!