In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It's a post where book bloggers talk about the books they received for review, bought, were gifted or borrowed from the library each week.
This week was pretty awesome, both in terms of books I bought and books I received for review. The only downside to all of this is that by TBR pile has grown once again. But how was I supposed to resist all the wonderful books that came out this week. So here's what I got in my mailbox!
- The Boy Recession by Flynn Meaney - This book sounds like a really fun and amusing read. How could a book about a school where there are almost no boys left not lead to fun and laughs? Despite the fact that it doesn't come out until August, I may just have to pick it up sooner.
- Purity by Jackson Pearce - Maybe this book will finally be the one that will get me to read something by Jackson Pearce. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if she's anything in writing like she is in her videos, I'm sure I'm going to love her books. And Purity sounds like a great read, so what could go wrong?
- Freshman Year & Other Unnatural Disasters by Meredith Zeitlin - This book is another one that sounds like an absolutely fun and adorable read. The release date is quickly approaching and so hopefully I will be reading it soon. I just have a feeling it's a book I'm going to really enjoy.
- The Rivals by Daisy Whitney - I absolutely LOVED The Mockingbirds when I read it in 2010 so I am really excited about having received a copy of this one for review. Hopefully it will be just as good as the first one and I will be able to read it soon.
- The Edumacation of Jay Baker by Jay Clark - I remember reading the description for this book a while back and thinking that I just had to read this book once it came out. So when I saw it at the bookstore, I immediately picked it up and bought myself a copy. It sounds like a really enjoyable read and I can't wait to get to it.
- Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood - I have heard nothing but absolutely amazing things about this book. It sounds like a fantastic read and I can't wait to be able to read it. Hopefully that will happen in the near future because I'm not sure how long I'll be able to resist the book's call.
- Graceling by Kristin Cashore - This book has been out for a while, but with the release of the third book in the series coming up soon, I've been hearing a fair amount about this one. While fantasy doesn't tend to be my cup of tea, I have read enough good reviews about this book and have decided to give it a try.
- Wings of the Wicked by Courtney Allison Moulton - I have been waiting for this book to be released for the longest time. I absolutely loved Angelfire when I read it last year and it left me wanting more. Hopefully I'll get around to reading it soon because I don't know how long I'm going to be able to put it off.
So that's what I got in my mailbox this week. Leave me a comment and I'll come check out what you got in yours!