In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is a post where book bloggers share the books they received for review, bought, borrowed or were gifted each week.
Despite the fact that I keep hoping my mailbox won't be as busy each week so I can make a sizeable dent in my TBR pile, it doesn't really seem to be happening lately (not that I'm actually complaining). This week I received a few books for review and couldn't resist buying some more. And then Chapters has a "Buy 3 get the 4th free" sale going on and that just pushed me to buy some more books. So without further ado, here's what I got this week.
- Under my Skin by Charles de Lint - I received this one at the beginning of the week and I'm currently reading it. I'm about half way through and I have to say I'm really liking it. I'm hoping to finish it this weekend, and then to go to the launch party for it in a couple of weeks.
- Seizure by Kathy Reichs - I really enjoyed Virals when I read it last week, and I've been looking forward to reading Seizure for quite some time now. I now have a nice finished copy so I'm hoping that I'll be able to pick it up soon.
- A Million Suns by Beth Revis - I have Across the Universe and have read part of it, but had to put it down in order to read some review books. Now that I have the sequel, I am hoping to be able to get back to it and then read the sequel, which I hear is even better than the first book.
Thank you to Penguin Canada/Razorbill Canada for sending me these books for review this week.
- Never Eighteen by Megan Bostic - I have heard plenty of really great things about this book and I can't wait to be able to read it. I am told though that it is a bit of a tear-jerker so I will be sure to keep a box of tissues on hand while reading it.
- Bitten by Kelley Armstrong - This is where I admit that I've only read one book by Kelley Armstrong but I did really enjoy it. While at Chapters with Ciara from Lost at Midnight, she convinced me that I should also check out Kelley Armstrong's adult series as it's even better than her YA titles. I'll just have to see for myself.
- The Agency: A Spy in the House by Y.S. Lee - I've heard a lot of really good things about this book and after hearing one of the employees at Chapters talk it up to another customer, I decided to pick up a copy for myself. Hopefully I'll be reading this one soon.
- Awkward by Marni Bates - I've heard nothing but good things about this book, and then on the cover it was blurbed by Julie Kagaway (whose books I really enjoy) and she said that it was perfect for fans of Meg Cabot (who is one of my all time favorite authors). So basically, this sounds like the perfect book for me.
- Partials by Dan Wells - Once again, I've heard nothing but amazing things about this book. It sounds like a really great dystopian novels and I can't wait to be able to read it. If I somehow manage to make a dent in my pile of books to review, this will be one of the first books I pick up.
- Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver - I pretty much rushed to the bookstore to pick this book up, that's how much I've been wanting to read it. I've started reading it, and I have to say so far I almost like it better than Delirium. Hopefully I'll be able to finish it soon.
So those are all the books I received this week. Leave me a comment letting me know what you got and I'll be sure to come check it out!