In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is a post where book bloggers share the books they received for review, bought, borrowed or were gifted each week.
My mailbox was a busy place this week. I received a wonderful package filled with finished copies of books for review as well as one that I had bought a little while back. I was actually good and only bought one book this week, which is good considering how many books have come into my house in the past few weeks. So here's what I got this week.
- Dead is a Battlefield by Marlene Perez - This book showed up as a total surprise, and according to Goodreads it's part of a series and quite far into the series. If anyone has read this series, does it have to be read in order or can I just pick any up? If anyone knows, please let me know in the comments.
- Croak by Gina Damico - I've really been looking forward to this book so I was very happy to have it show up in my mailbox. It sounds like a really interesting story and like something that's different from what is already out there in YA. I can't wait to get to it!
- Loss by Jackie Morse Kessler - I've heard really great things about this series but I haven't actually read them yet. Having gotten a copy of the third book, I will now be sure to go back and read it. The premise sounds really interesting so I'm really looking forward to reading this series.
- Illuminate by Aimee Agresti - I have been wanting to read this book for a really long time and it still wasn't in stock at my local bookstore so I was very happy to find a copy in my mailbox on Monday. I've heard nothing but good things about this book so hopefully it will live up to my expectations.
Thank you to Thomas Allen & Sons for sending me all these wonderful books.
- The Fine Art of Truth or Dare by Melissa Jensen - I really enjoyed Melissa Jensen's other book, Falling in Love with English Boys, so I'm really looking forward to reading this one. It sounds like an adorable read and I can't wait to find out if it is has good as everyone says it is.
- The Painted Boy by Charles de Lint - A couple of weeks ago I read Under My Skin by the same author and really loved it. So when I was at his signing on Thursday I decided to pick this one up as well after having it recommend to me. Hopefully I'll like it as much I liked the other one.
- Under My Skin by Charles de Lint - I've already read this one and you can check out my review for it here. I was happy to win this one since it meant I had a nice finished copy for Charles de Lint to sign on Thursday. If you haven't, I definitely recommend you give this one a try because it will probably surprise you.
Thank you to Razorbill Canada for this book.
So that's it for me this week. Once again, my TBR pile has grown quite a lot and with the end of the semester quickly approaching it means I will start having less reading time...or I may just end up reading more as way of procrastinating. I'll just have to wait and see what happens. Let me know what you got in the comments and I'll come check it out!