Stacking the Shelves is a new weekly meme hosted by Tynga of Tynga's Reviews. It's a weekly post where book bloggers share and showcase the books they received throughout the week.
This week was a good week and I didn't bring too many new books into my house. I was able to restrain myself at the bookstore and only received a few books for review this week. So without further ado, here's what I got this week.
- Shift by Kim Curran - I have yet to hear anything about Shift but I'm really excited about reading it. The premise sounds really interesting and the story itself sounds like it will be packed with action. Plus it's coming from a new publisher I'm really excited about. Hopefully it will be as good as it promises to be.
- Blackwood by Gwenda Bond - The first time I heard about Blackwood I knew I would have to read it once I got my hands on a copy. This sounds like a seriously awesome mystery/thriller and I can't wait to start reading it. Plus it's blurbed by Scott Westerfeld so I can't really go wrong here.
- Nothing Special by Geoff Herbach - I still have to read Stupid Fast, the first book in this series, but I have heard nothing but great things about them so I'm really excited to pick them up. I should be reading them soon so be sure to be on the lookout for reviews.
Thank you to Strange Chemistry and Sourcebooks Fire for sending me these books for review!
- The Last Princess by Galaxy Craze - I'm not going to lie, one of the main reasons this book caught my attention is that author's name. And then I've seen really good reviews for it recently so I figured I would pick it up and see what it was all about for myself.
- City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare - I have been waiting for this book since I read the last page of City of Fallen Angels last spring. And let me just say that this one more than delivered. I've already read it and it was just so, so good. You can definitely expect to see a review soon.
Those are all the books I got this week. I'm not sure whether or not I'll be having a Stacking the Shelves post next week since I will be off visiting my parents for a while so this may be the last post like this for some time. Also, if you missed it on Friday, I am giving away a copy of Goddess Interrupted, be sure to go enter if you are interested.