Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga of Tynga's Reviews. It's a weekly post where book bloggers showcase the books they received throughout the week.
This week has been absolutely crazy. Things with school have definitely kicked up a notch, especially since this is my last year of university (at least for my undergrad). But I still got plenty of books thanks to Chapters having some awesome YA titles in the bargain section. So here's what I got this week!
- Breakaway by Michael Betcherman - I am part of the blog tour for this title and it sounds like a really interesting read from a boy's perspective. I'll be reading this one in the next 48 hours so be sure to come back on October 3 to see what I thought.
Thank you to Razorbill Canada for sending me this book.
- Scarlet by Marissa Meyer - So I'm pretty excited about this one. Big thanks to Katherine from The Lady Critic's Library for lending this one to all the Ottawa bloggers.
- Black City by Elizabeth Richards - I have been wanting to read this book ever since I first heard about it. It sounds really interesting. Thank you to Katie from Bookishly Yours for lending this to me.
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky - This is where I admit that I still haven't read this book and with the movie coming out this is a pressing matter. But now I have a copy and I can't wait to dive in to it.
- Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter - I love fairy tale retellings so I was excited about this title. Though I have been seeing some mixed reviews for this book so I'll have to wait and see if it's as good as I hope it is.
- Wildefire by Karsten Knight - I absolutely adored this book when I read it last year but never got around to buying a finished copy for myself. So when I saw it on the bargain table at Chapters I just had to buy it.
- Possess by Gretchen McNeil - This is one of those books that I was always interested in reading but never acted on despite all the great reviews. So when it was on the bargain table at Chapters I figured I should finally give it a shot.
- Moonglass by Jessi Kirby - This book falls in the same category as Possess so once again, when I found it in the bargain section at Chapters I just couldn't resist grabbing a copy.
So those are all the books I got this week. Hopefully this week will be a little less crazy with school so I have some time to read. But next weekend is Canadian Thanksgiving so that means a 4 day weekend for me and I plan to get plenty of reading done! And as usual, leave me a comment letting me know what you got and I'll try to come check it out.