Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga of Tynga's Reviews. It's a weekly post where book bloggers showcase the books they received throughout the week.
This week I got quite a few surprises in the mail and only bought two books. So all in all it was pretty good. I've finally started getting back into the swing of things now that I've figured out my schedule with school, I have found when I have time to read and do blog stuff. But between work and readings for school, this is going to be a pretty busy year!
- Broken by A.E. Rought - This book absolutely intrigues me. The synopsis makes it sound like something totally different so I'm definitely looking forward to reading it. But that probably won't happen until later this year since this book doesn't come out until January 2013.
- The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater - I have heard nothing but absolutely fantastic things about this new book by Maggie Stiefvater, so you can bet I will be reading this one quite soon.
- Reaper by K.D. McEntire - This is the sequel to Lightbringer which I've read part of so this is the motivation I need to finish the book so I can find out what happens in the next book.
- The Diviners by Libba Bray - I can't wait to read this one. I have heard that it is absolutely fantastic. I just hadn't realized quite how big it was...but that just means the story will last longer!
Thank you to Strange Chemistry, Scholastic Canada, PYR Books and HBG Canada for sending me these books!
- Embers & Echoes by Karsten Knight - I have been waiting for this book pretty much since I read the last page of Wildefire. Now that I have a copy you can bet I will be reading it soon.
- Flesh & Bone by Jonathan Maberry - I absolutely love the Rot & Ruin books. They are definitely not getting quite as much attention as they deserve. At any rate, I'm happy to now have the third book in this series.
That's it for me this week. If you missed it on Monday, check out my recap of the Smart Chicks event in Montreal. And as usual, leave me a comment and I'll try to stop by and see what you got!