Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga of Tynga's Reviews. It's a weekly post where book bloggers showcase the book they received throughout the week.
So far I am kind of failing at only buying the books on the list I made, though I am still not buying too many so I guess things could be worse. This week I got some books for review, borrowed some from fellow bloggers and bought some at a signing I went to. So without further ado, here's what I got this week.
- The Lies that Bind by Lisa & Laura Roecker - I really loved The Liar Society when I read it last year so I am looking forward to being able to read the second one. If I'm not mistaken, I will also be a part of the blog tour for this one next month, so be on the lookout for that!
- (You) Set Me On Fire by Mariko Tamaki - I had received an ARC of this book over the summer and have reviewed it already, but at any rate I am happy to have a finished copy to add to my shelves.
- Beautiful Redemption by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl - I still have to read Beautiful Chaos but I am still very excited to now have a gorgeous finished copy of Beautiful Redemption. You can bet that as soon as a I have enough time on my hands, I will be reading this one.
Thank you to Sourcebooks Fire, Penguin Canada & HBG Canada for sending me these books for review.
- Crewel by Gennifer Albin - This book has been on my radar for quite some time so I was happy when the wonderful Kathy from A Glass of Wine offered to lend me her copy of the book.
Won (at signing):
- All Good Children by Catherine Austen - I'll be honest and say I hadn't heard of this book or of Catherine Austen until the signing I went to this week. But I won a copy of the book and I have to say that the summary has be intrigued.
- Night Runner & End of Days by Max Turner - Again, I hadn't really heard about these books or Max Turner until I went to the signing, but the books sound interesting and it was really great hearing him talk about his books and his writing process.
- Dreamless by Josephine Angelini - I received an ARC of this book earlier this year which I read, reviewed and loved. But I didn't have a gorgeous finished copy to put on my shelf next to Starcrossed, so I couldn't resist picking it up at the bookstore.
That's it for me this week! There won't be a Stacking the Shelves post next week as I will be in Toronto for the Second Annual Ontario Blog Squad Blogger Meet Up. I'm really excited to meet all the bloggers I've only talked to online and of course to the roadtrip with the other Ottawa bloggers.