Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga of Tynga's Reviews. It's a weekly post where book bloggers showcase the book they received throughout the week.
Lots of new books this week. Last Sunday, a bunch of us Ottawa bloggers got together for a meet up and the ever wonderful Kathy from A Glass of Wine had arranged for all of us to get goodie bags with fun books from publishers. It was all very exciting. And of course there were some books I just had to buy and others showed up on my doorstep unexpected.
- True by Hilary Duff - The first two books in this series were surprisingly good so I'm looking forward to see how it all ends.
- Dr. Frankenstein's Daughters by Suzanne Weyn - I honestly hadn't heard until this one until it showed up on my doorstep but it sounds interesting enough.
- The Dead and Buried by Kim Harrington - From what I've heard, this book is really good and I'm looking forward to finally reading something by Kim Harrington.
- The Wrap-Up List by Steven Arntson - Again, never heard of this book, but it sounds really interesting from what I can tell from the summary.
- Delusion by Laura L. Sullivan - I'm going to sound like a broken record but I hadn't heard of this book before either but it kind of intrigues me.
Thank you to Simon & Schuster Canada, Scholastic Canada and Thomas Allen & Sons for sending me these books for review!
- The Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead - AAAAAHH! So excited for this one about this one and I'm reading it right now and it's just so good.
- Perfect Scoundrels by Ally Carter - I have loved the first two books in this series, and let's be honest, I'm just looking forward to reading more about Hale.
- Spell Bound by Rachel Hawkins - I've already read this one but now that it's out in paperback I needed a copy to match my copies of Hex Hall and Demonglass.
From Ottawa Blogger Meet Up:
- Poison by Bridget Zinn - For a long time I wasn't a big fantasy reader, but I've been really getting into the genre lately so I'm excited at the prospect of reading this one.
- Takedown by Allison van Diepen - I haven't read anything yet by Allison van Diepen but this book sounds really interesting. Plus Allison was super nice and joined us for lunch at the meet up.
- Impostor by Susanne Winnacker - I'm a sucker for a story that involves a murder mystery so I'm really excited to read this one. Plus it sounds really different.
- The Enchanted Life of Adam Hope by Rhonda Riley - Not something I would normally pick up, but the description made it sound really interesting, as did Shannon's (from HarperCollins Canada) note inside the book.
- Pretty Girl-13 by Liz Coley - Ever since I first heard about this one I've been wanting to read it so I'm really excited to now have a copy for myself.
- The Loop by Shandy Lawson - A more or less doomed from the start love story? I am there. This book sounds really complex but also like it will just break my heart. I can't wait to read it.
So that's it for me this week. As you are reading this I am on my way to Toronto for the Faze/Breathless Reads Event taking place there on Sunday which should be really exciting. And it's a good thing it's reading week this week, because if you couldn't tell, I have lots of new books to read on my hands.