Since I didn't post last week, this is two weeks' worth of books. Last week was relatively quiet, with only two new books, but this week I got a surprise package, borrowed some books from fellow bloggers and bought a few myself. So here's what I got!
- The Summer Prince by Alaya Dawn Johnson - This book was on my radar even though I didn't really know all that much about it. At any rate, I'm excited to pick it up in the near future and see what it's all about.
- Revenge of the Girl with the Great Personality by Elizabeth Eulberg - Though I haven't read anything by her myself, I've heard great things about Elizabeth Eulberg and her books. This one sounds like a particularly interesting read based on the synopsis.
- That Time I Joined the Circus by J.J. Howard - Right when I first heard about this book, I knew it sounded like something I would be interested in reading so I can't wait to dive into this one. Be sure to come back this week for a guest post from the author as a part of the blog tour.
- A Corner of White by Jaclyn Moriarty - Jaclyn Moriarty is one of those authors whose books I've been reading since high school. When I heard she had a new book coming out, I was excited so I can't wait to start this one...once I have time that is.
- The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey - Unless you've been living under a rock, you probably know that everyone has been raving about this book. I feel incredibly lucky to have gotten an early copy of it. I'm just 50 pages in and already I'm really liking it.
Thank you to Scholastic Canada and Penguin Canada for sending these books to me!
- Spellcaster by Claudia Gray - This is where I admit that despite owning many of her books, I have yet to read anything written by Claudia Gray. But I've heard plenty of good things about Spellcaster and it's about witches so I can't wait to read it.
- Tarnish by Katherine Longshore - I am a sucker for anything historical and I loved Gilt when I read it last year so I am excited to read more from Katherine Longshore. Plus Tarnish is about Anne Boleyn so I can't wait to read it.
- Requiem by Lauren Oliver - As much as I love Lauren Oliver and her writing, I had a love-hate relationship with Pandemonium when I read it last year. So I'm scared--actually make that terrified--of reading Requiem because I don't want it to disappoint me. Now i just have to work up the courage of read it.
- The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater - People--and by people I mean Ciara from Lost at Midnight--have been telling me to read this book and I still haven't. Since it's the book for my book club next month I figured I should probably get on that.
- Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare - Probably the book I have been the most terrified of ever. Not because the story is going to be scary. But because it is guaranteed to break my heart over and over again. I have been warned to have tissues close when I read it. I can't wait...but I'm absolutely terrified all the same.
These are the books I got in the last two weeks. I am definitely very excited about a lot of these and as soon as school I over I plan to dive right in. As usual, leave me a comment letting me know what you got and I'll come check it out!