Among my friends, I'm known as the book person. As a result, whenever someone is looking for a book recommendation they come to me. This time of the year, this happens a lot since summer is fast approaching and a lot of my friends are typically seasonal readers--as in they read when they have time to do so and that time is often summer. Like I did last year, I thought I would post these recommendations--by genre--here on the blog as well. Up this week, some paranormal recommendations.
- Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout - If you're plugged in to the blog world at all, you will have heard of this series at some point in the last year. So here's the deal, the Lux series is about aliens. Yes, you read that right, aliens. And not only that, but they are absolutely addicting. Once you start reading these books, you will just fly through them and keep wanting more. Though you'll probably question your addiction to these books at time, they are the perfect read when you are looking for romance and action.
- Embrace series by Jessica Shirvington - This series deals with angels--fallen angels and half-angels. But here's the thing, the first book might not have you hooked, but keep reading. If you do, you'll find that the story just keeps getting better and more complex. But beyond that, the Embrace series is different from other angel books out there. And like any good paranormal these, days the Embrace series comes with a good dose of romance. And swoon-worthy boys.
- Elemental series by Brigid Kemmerer - The Elemental series is very much unlike anything else that's out there in paranormal YA. This story deals with four brothers who can each control different elements. And the thing about those brothers is that they're quite the dreamy bunch. But of course there's also a lot more going on. So far there are two books out, with the third one coming out at the end of the month, so it's the perfect time to pick up this series.
- Personal Demons trilogy by Lisa Desrochers - This is one of those really underrated series. I have absolutely loved this series and every time there was a new book I just devoured it. As the name suggests, this is a story about demons and angels--some pretty swoon-worthy ones at that. But in all seriousness, you should really read this trilogy if you are looking for a story with not only two hot boys and one kick-ass heroine, then pick up Personal Demons. Bonus: all three books are already out so none of that annoying waiting between books.
- Starcrossed trilogy Josephine Angelini - You will be hearing me talk about this series a lot in the next few weeks because I absolutely adore this trilogy. This is a story about love, and demigods and you might see a few parallels with the Trojan War. And it's just a fantastic story that is so complex and layered, something I realized while reading the final book. But seriously, if you haven't already, you need to read this series. Plus the last book comes out at the end of the month so you won't have too long to wait if you decide to read these.
This is not an extensive list. If I wanted to, I could probably keep going on for days with paranormal recommendations. These are just a few of my favorites from the last year that I strongly recommend. If you are looking for paranormal recommendations, you can check out last year's post. And if paranormal is not your cup of tea, you can come back next week for some sci-fi and fantasy recommendations.